Friday 21 February 2014

Friday Finish: Audrey Grey

Baby Audrey Grey is here and I am snuggling her while you are reading this :)  And happily I finished her quilt before catching my flight!.


The fabrics are a combination of Marie Antoinette by Northcott and the Watermelon colorway of Minimalista by Art Gallery.  I love how they play together but I did leave out a few of the Minimalista fabrics that were especially bold in contrast.  The honeycombs were cut with the template that comes with the precuts from Moda.  The cutting was a bit frustrating and as a result my shapes are not perfect.  I used this tutorial by Kati at From the Blue Chair.  The assembly went extremely well with only a few puckers which I think I could avoid on a second try.


I gathered up all of the remaining fabric when I finished the front and started to piece together a backing. It's not my favorite thing to do (piecing backings) but I do like this one and think it could work well on its own if she wants to reverse it.


I didn't want a scrappy binding so it was Minimalista Prisma since that was the only fabric I had enough yardage of :)


I quilted with a light grey thread in a floral pattern.  I love the texture this quilting pattern gives.  The quilt finishes at approximately 36" square.  A little on the small side but I was nervous about how long those hexagons would take to piece.  All of the photos in this post are taken post washing.  So crinkly and awesome!

15 comments:

  1. That turned out great and love how crinkly and lovely it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love this colour combo! And those are some fine looking hexies. I'll be checking out that tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous. What a lucky baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Dreamy colors. Great quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that quilting looks so lovely! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet quilt. It's beautiful and looks soft & snuggly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty baby quilt! Love the fabric and soft colors! Awesome quilting too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a pretty baby quilt! I love the muted colors, and it looks so crinkly and snuggly!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous quilt. The colors are so sweet and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on having a new little one to snuggle AND on finishing her quilt. Love the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful finish! I love the colors of your quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a pretty little girl quilt, and you are right, it would work reversible!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I too have a Grandmother's Flower Garden UFO. They take quite a bit of time but are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete